In November 2021, the United States gained a tremendous win for economic prosperity, land,
and job opportunity when Congress passed the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (Infrastructure
Investment and Jobs Act). The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law is committed to rebuilding
America’s bridges and roads, tackling the climate crisis, advancing environmental justice, and
investing in communities that have too often been left behind.
The legislation helps ease inflationary pressures and strengthen supply chains by making
long overdue improvements for our nation. It will drive the creation of good-paying union jobs
and grow the economy sustainably and equitably so that everyone gets ahead for decades to
come. Combined with the President’s Build Back Framework, it will add on average 1.5
million jobs per year for the next 10 years.
At Certifiably Diverse, we are committed to keeping our community up to date with opportunities
as they arise through the Infrastructure Bill. Below you will find a list of the most current job
opportunities available from the Department of Defense (DOD) Office of Small Business
Programs seeking new suppliers to achieve maximum success and flourish in their supply
● The Veteran Small Business Certification program application link is NOW live!
Certification with U.S. Small Business Administration allows veteran-owned small
businesses (VOSBs) to compete for federal sole-source and set-aside contracts across
the federal government. Apply now.
● Naval Air Warfare Center Training Systems Division (NAWCTSD) released their newly
updated Small Business Prime Opportunities list! Check it out here.
● The latest US Army Corps of Engineers long-range acquisition forecast has been
posted on the U.S. Army Office of Small Business Programs website.
● Defense Acquisition University released the latest edition of Defense Acquisition,
featuring an article on securing critical defense supply chains. In the article, you will
get a sneak peak of the upcoming DoD Small Business Strategy! Check it out here.
● The U.S. Army seeks cutting-edge small-business technologies to develop and
deliver critical artificial intelligence/machine learning and wearables solutions to
Soldiers. Learn more here.
● DoD is proposing to amend the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement
(DFARS) to implement the data-rights portions of the Small Business Innovation
Research Program and Small Business Technology Transfer Program Policy
Directives. DoD will hold a public meeting to hear the views of interested parties.
Comments close on February 17, 2023. Learn more here.
● The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is proposing to amend its regulations to
implement provisions of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020.
The proposal would permit a prime contractor with an individual subcontracting
plan to apply credit for subcontracts to small businesses at lower tiers toward its
subcontracting goals. Comments close on February 17, 2023. Learn more here.
● Mentor Protégé Summit 2023 will include One-to-One Networking for potential
mentors, protégés, and DoD Mentor-Protégé Pilot Program supporting agencies and
industry partners. Learn how you can participate here.
● On January 20th , Hon. Dr. Bill LaPlante, Under Secretary of Defense Office of the Under
Secretary of Defense for Acquisition & Sustainment, sits down with Jim Woolsey,
Defense Acquisition University president, for an in-depth conversation on global
events, the United States Department of Defense goals for acquisition, and
developing a culture of lifelong learning. Register here.
● Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare
Systems (PEO IWS) is pleased to announce its 2023 Industry Day scheduled for
January 25, 2023. The theme for the PEO IWS Industry Day is “Finding the Best
Industry Talent to Solve the Most Complex Problems. Register here.
● Join NIST, expert panelists and leaders on February 15, 2023, for their Journey to the
NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) 2.0 | Workshop #2. You don’t want to miss it!
If you would like to learn more about how small businesses can maximize their success and job
opportunities, please visit the official DoD and SBA websites below!
● DoD OSBP Website: https://business.defense.gov/
● SBA Website: https://www.sba.gov/